Sunday, December 8, 2013

Artistic Rendition of the Bluffs




     Have you ever wanted to bring your pictures to life?  Drawing or painting special or favorite photographs is a fun and interesting experience.  You find yourself looking closely at the photograph, catching all of the small details in shades of color and texture.  I took one of my previous pictures of the bluffline by Valmeyer and did a pastel rendition.  
    It took multiple layers of color to get the sky how I wanted it to look.  There is no one magic color to create the sky.  Instead, I took different hues of blue, grays, and purples to transition from dark blue to light.  The trees also proved to be difficult.  Trees are not just green.  They each have their own shade and color.
    Give it a try!  I never realized how much fun it was to re-create a photograph until I tried.  Sitting down with a palette of colors and an imagination is a great way to relive and remember your photograph from the comfort of home.   

No comments:

Post a Comment