Sunday, November 3, 2013

A Flawless Autumn Sunday


     I parked my car in an empty lot not knowing what to expect from Pine Street Nature Trail.  The trail started at the bottom of a hill and through a gate.  Leaving behind my car, I started to see and feel the outdoors around me.  The crisp fall breeze picked up every leaf making it swirl and freshened the smell of the earth.  
     The paved path wrapped around in a circle.  I started out walking to the left up a small hill.  There was an open field with young trees growing and older trees and a small creek running around the perimeter.  The creek was tucked away behind a bend.  Beside the running water was a bench.  I stopped there for a little bit.  It was a wonderful place to sit and just let the sun shine on your face.  
     In the picture above, the water is slowly moving.  It almost looks still as it reflects the brilliant blue sky and a canopy of leaves from the trees growing around it.  I also like the large tree in the top right hand corner.  The grooved bark stands out on the tree, and the roots snake out in all different directions.  
     Dried leaves littered the trail, crunching under my feet.  My walk continued on in a circle through a canopy of pine trees.  Pine Street Nature Trail in Milstadt is a perfect getaway if you need to go for a walk or in need of a quiet place to think.  There are two park entrances if you are interested in going.  The entrance at the end of Pine Street is handicap accessable, and the one off of East Laurel has a small parking lot.  I parked in the parking lot off of East Laurel.  It is beside the Milstadt Sewer Plant, but do not let that deter you.  The sewer plant will not affect your hike in any way.  In fact, I can't wait to come back again but this time with my dog! 
      

No comments:

Post a Comment