Monday, November 4, 2013

At the End of Pine Street



     Pine needles litter the trail underneath me, and the wind quietly sighs through the branches of the tall pine trees.  What an appropriate name that this peaceful street was given.  Pine Street is a small street in a residential part of Milstadt.
     I took this picture facing Pine Street with the pathway in front of me.  The trail above is part of the Pine Street Nature Trail.  I loved venturing down this part of the trail because it offered me peace and solitude.  While sitting on the bench, I had a couple of minutes to collect my thoughts and admire the pretty fall leaves.  The trees around me met overhead creating a natural archway.  A couple of lingering birds sang and flitted around the brush across from me.  
     It was when I paused on the bench to look around and sift through my thoughts that I realized that nature is one of the best remedies for a troubled mind.  I think Albert Einstein had it right when he said, "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better."

No comments:

Post a Comment