Monday, October 7, 2013

A Nature Macro Photography Lesson with Alessandro Zocchi

http://youtu.be/J_hj8XPCan0

  The link above is a very useful little clip on how to take close up pictures, or macro pictures, in nature. It is fun to take pictures of large things like trees, boulders, lakes, etc.  The list goes on!  I think it is easy to forget about the very small details that make up our world.  
  Alessandro calls his method the professional style because it does take special equipment.  I don't have everything he has, but I still learned some new ideas and methods.  First, never travel anywhere without your tripod.  The tripod is very important because it ensures your camera will not move.  Shaky hands can easily ruin a picture.  Also, be carful of your lighting.  He shows in this clip how his focal point is in a dark corner and the light is low.  Watch out for shadows and dark corners that will mess with your lighting.
    I like this clip because I have been trying to take some macro nature pictures of my own.  I like zeroing in on an object and getting very close to it.  It brings attention to small details that would normally be overlooked or not even seen.  


    This is one of my nature macro photographs!  I love the delicate curls and creamy yellows and whites on this flower.  In the top left hand corner is a little spider peeking out from behind a petal.  I did not even notice him until later when I was going through my photos.  The foliage in the back is slightly out of focus because my camera is very close to my focal point.  That is okay because I don't want anything to distract from the flower.  
    Macro photography is fun and not very hard to accomplish.  A little time and commitment and suddenly you will start to develop an eye for the small things in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment