Sunday, October 6, 2013

The Lone Walker


    From up above I watched this lone walker on his way around the Amphitheatre.  This one special place had drawn two very different people with different purposes to the Shrine.  I was here with my camera to take pictures and take a walk.  I am glad I went when it was still sunny and green!  Now the cold blustery autumn has arrived.
    The Amphitheatre is located at the bottom of a gentle rolling slope.  You can see the woods behind the Amphitheatre stretch out for acres.  Up above the treeline the powder blue sky resembled summer.  Those wispy clouds turned into massive gray clouds the next day.  
  I continued on my way and then went to Father's Memorial Walk.  It is a secluded wooded walkway down a hillside.  At the bottom of the trail is the Memorial wall.  The wall is covered with bronze plaques in honor of Joseph the Carpenter and all fathers.  Dry leaves blew across the path around me as I made my way to the bottom.  The leaves are still very green, they have yet to change!  
    
    Before I left the woods I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.  This had been a great mini retreat from the world and a fun place to take pictures.  I hope the lone walker had as good of a time as I did.
    Here is the addres to the National Shrine to Our Lady of the Snows is you would like to visit.
                              442 S. DeMazenod Dr, Belleville, IL 62223
                                (Located on IL State Highway 15 east)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment