Monday, October 21, 2013

On the Side of the Trail

 
      Sometimes you have to get down on your hands and knees and lean right up to your subject.  I had my face right up to this fallen tree to get this picture.  I love how detailed the front part of the wood is.  You can see every line and weathered surface.  I chose to have my background slightly out of focus so I could make the front of the branch sharply in focus. 
 

 
     Here is another exmaple of nature macro photography.  It has been a new hobby to take close up pictures.  I really like looking closely at small detail.  I took these pictures on a hike through the bluffs.  The trail was part of the Salt Lick Land and Water Reserve.  The lighting was not really an issue in either of these photographs because I was under a canopy of trees that blocked the direct sunlight. 
    Getting down on the floor of the woods is worth the pictures.  I had to be careful of poison ivy, though!  It always seems to surround me, and nobody wants to kneel in a patch of poison ivy.

No comments:

Post a Comment