Thursday, September 26, 2013

An Afternoon in the Park


   
    Instead of heading home after school, I went to the Smithton Community Park.  I had been there before to play tennis and watch a cross-country meet, but this was my first time to go there with my camera! I started on the walking trail around the perimeter of the park, and I waited for something to catch my eye.  The sun was behind the clouds and the breeze was real gentle.  On one side of the trail there was a small dried up creek surrounded by trees.  The trees followed the trail making a half canopy above me. My favorite part of the trail were the wooden bridges like the one above.  Secluded in the trees, it didn't seem like I was in a town. 
    The trail looped up to a beautiful lake complete with a dock and fountains.  I stopped at a bench to take a look around.  It made me wish I had a book with me because it was the perfect spot to get lost in a story!  
    I did a complete lap around the trail and decided to call it a day.  The park has tennis courts, multiple baseball diamonds, a playground (with teeter-totters!), skate park, and basketball hoops.  There was something for everyone there.  If you are interested in visiting this park, then here is the address .
Smithton Community Park:
Memorial Street, Smithton, IL, 62285

    I had a great walk through the park today and right before I got in my car I saw this! Of course I just had to get a picture.








No comments:

Post a Comment