Sunday, September 8, 2013

The Bend in the Road


The Bend in the Road


This sets the tone for the farming region of Belleville, Illinois.  Flanked on both sides of the winding country road are typical crops --  corn on one side and on the other side soybeans. The road fades into the cornfield and down into the belt of trees.  I took this picture in the evening light.  I like how the green and blue hues were made soft.  The clouds fanned out to both sides of this picture. This road is on the way to Freeburg about to cross Richland Creek.  For those who have never driven it, it is Schiermeier Road.  
         I wanted this to be my first upload because I don't know where this blog will take me.  I hope to take pictures of local parks, countrysides, and wherever else I end up.  For a long time I thought where I lived was boring.  The monotonous life in St. Clair County was boring and bleak.  I always wished to move away to someplace more exciting like the mountains or the ocean.  Over the summer I learned to appreciate where I live.  There is a lot of hidden beauty that no place on earth shares.  Here we get to experience four unique seasons.  Spring brings flowers and life, summer creates lazy dog days filled with sun and water, fall comes with chilly mornings and swirling leaves, and winter comes to us with mysterious shadows and sometimes blankets of snow!  I want to be able to capture these places.  Hopefully we can make time in our busy lives to get out of the house and sight see.  Vacations don't have to cost thousands of dollars and involve days to get there.  Getaways can simply be hopping in the car and heading out to Giant City, the bluffs in Valmeyer, or a local park.  Let's travel this road together!



No comments:

Post a Comment