Sunday, September 15, 2013

My Sunday Adventure

          Today I took a step back into time.  I disconnected myself from the Twenty-First Century and walked into history.  I visted the most quaint cemetery in Monroe County.  I went to Eagle Cliff/ Miles Cemetery.  My uncle suggested I go there because of the beautiful scenery and history.  It was full of both.
          Located off of D Road in Waterloo is the cemetery.  Start on HH Road in Waterloo, then take a left on to D Road.  You need to continue down D Road until you see the cemetery's sign.  Turn right into the driveway.  This is about a five mile drive.  Its gravel driveway follows a cornfield till you enter the cemetery.  There is a small clearing for parking. 
         It is open to the public during the day but prohibited to visit at night.  It has a couple of old stone benches under towering old trees.  I will give you the history and description tomorrow.  This is a must read for anyone who loves Illinois history!

No comments:

Post a Comment