Monday, September 30, 2013

Bleeding Buffalo


    This is Bleeding Buffalo.  He sits hidden in the Shawnee National Forest.   Many moons and suns ago he was drawn.  He is not of today's world but of a more primitive lifestyle.  It is believed that he was drawn by Native Americans that once lived deep within the mighty forest.
   This is a truly awesome place that I visited over the weekend.  On part of my volunteer hike we stopped at Bleeding Buffalo.  Our leader told us that it is a Native American painting.  The trees grow sparsely near the large rock overhanging where this painting lives.  The rock wall stretches up the hill.  Level with my eyes was the painting.  Time and weather have made the buffalo faint and hard to see, but luckily my camera was still able to pick up the image.  He almost seems to be camoflauged into the rock.  
     All in all my weekend at Camp Ondessonk left me with great memories and pictures.  There is an abundance of natural beauty to be photographed there.  I hope to be back as soon as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment